We pride ourselves on our professionalism, international expertise, and above all, the support we offer our volunteers and their families. As a non-profit organisation, we aim to keep the costs involved as low as possible without compromising on the value, quality and safety of every volunteer’s experience.
As a global organisation, we list our pricing in US dollars. To convert to your own currency, you can use xe.com
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Lattitude has had to restructure, creating considerable cost savings for the organisation. One positive outcome of this is that we are able to pass on these savings to our volunteers, resulting in significantly reduced fees for departures from April 2021.
Costs for “Country Immersion” programmes:
(All destinations listed under “Where Can I Go“)
Lattitude Application Fee – $50 (USD)
The application fee covers the cost of processing applications and conducting interviews.
All applicants are guaranteed an interview. This fee is non-refundable.
Lattitude Placement Fee: $1900 (USD)
This fee is broken into three payments:
Once you have been interviewed and accepted into the programme, you will be required to pay a $500 USD deposit to secure your position. The deposit covers our costs for identifying, assessing and matching you to a suitable placement.
Under normal circumstances, this is a non-refundable deposit. However, due to the uncertain timeframe of COVID-19 travel restrictions etc, we have adopted a more flexible approach to ensure there is no financial risk to our volunteers proceeding with their Lattitude travel plans.
Your deposit will be refundable if: You have paid your deposit after 11 March 2020 (the date WHO declared COVID-19 to be a pandemic) and if nearing your scheduled departure, as a result of COVID 19, you are still unable to travel, or if, following government advice, your destination is deemed unsafe to do so.
If you are still unable to travel to your first-choice destination, we can work with you to look at alternative destinations at short notice. In the unprecedented scenario of no appropriate departures being available, we will look to reschedule, offer you the opportunity of deferring, or refunds will be made available.
Lattitude will refund deposit payments in the event that Lattitude needs to cancel a specific programme departure due to COVID 19 or if international/government COVID 19 advice is to avoid travel to that destination. Lattitude will always encourage volunteers to consider an alternative destination or to defer travel.
You will be required to pay an interim payment of $700 USD no more than 6 months before departure. This payment covers Lattitude costs involved in the pre-departure stage of your placement.
The remainder of the Lattitude fee of $700 USD will be due 60 days prior to your scheduled departure.
• In depth matching process to align your skills and interests with a placement that really suits you
• Assigned Volunteer Coordinator to help with all your pre-departure advice and guidance
• Links with returned volunteers
• Advice on obtaining police checks
• Advice on obtaining a Visa
• Pre-departure information and briefing session
• Airport pickup on arrival
• Accommodation for the duration of stay (either with a host family or on placement site)
• Food provided by host (may not include every meal, but you will know what to expect before your arrival)
• Day to day support from your placement host and a member of staff as your mentor
• 24/7 support from Lattitude, including in-country support from local reps and the Lattitude Country Manager
• Focus on your personal volunteer learning and development
• Returned Volunteer follow up and Debrief Event
• Opportunity to join the Lattitude Alumni Association
• Certificate of completion and references (on request)
What’s not included:
In addition to the Lattitude fees above, volunteers will be required to pay for their own international flights, travel insurance and any visa costs. Lattitude staff will assist you in making these arrangements.
• International Flights
• Travel Insurance
• Visa costs if applicable
• In-country Orientation Fee (when delivered in-person)
• GP medical clearance
• Travel doctor consultation (mandatory)
• Vaccinations (if applicable)
• Onward travel to placement (if applicable)
• Pocket Money for weekends/ holidays/post-placement travel
• Accommodation and food during holiday periods
Ecuadorian volunteers will also be responsible for a $400 USD supplementary fee to cover the specific support we offer volunteers and their families in Ecuador. $50 USD of this fee will be put into a scholarship fund for future Ecuadorian volunteers.
Action Project costs:
Our Action Project pricing is being reviewed at present, as we adapt to the Covid-19 situation. We thank you for your patience, please check back again soon for revised prices!